The Connecticut Smoky Joe Wood Chapter will hold its Fall 2017 meeting from 12:30-4:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 21, 2017, at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut. It will be held at our usual College of Liberal Arts, building #1, downstairs.
All baseball fans are welcome to attend. Here is the agenda for our meeting:
1. Welcome and greetings- Steve K
2. Kevin Cook, who will speak about his book on the 1947 World Series.
3. Mickey "The Lip" Tangel, who will dress up as and talk about Lip Pike, one of the early Jewish stars from the 19th century.
4. Ty Waterman, who will speak about Tris Speaker, the Grey Eagle.
5. Paul Hensler, who will talk about his book on baseball and the late 1960s.
6. Jordan Leite, will discuss his new board game, Clutch Baseball.
There will be a book sale, and refreshments. We ask for a $5 donation to defray expenses, payable to our Treasurer, Alan Cohen.